Fried Rice : How to make a good fried rice with less than 500 Naira

I used to think fried rice was meant for special occasions even till now.  Maybe it is.

Well, you can make and eat fried rice anytime and any day with just shikini money.  Here is how..

Preparation time : 40 minutes to 1hour depending on how hungry you are *winks*

Ingredients:
Rice
Vegetable oil
Mackerel fish = #200
Carrots =#50
Green beans = #50
Green pepper = #50
Pepper (I used the normal red one)  = #50
Onion
Fresh garlic
Fresh ginger
Seasonings (I bought these particular ones in the market for #50 each and they were good.. Nutmeg, thyme, ginger and shallots )



Maggi (I used Knorr)
Salt

**** for those things I did not put a price tag on, I had them already and used. ****

Practically, I used 400 naira to make this fried rice... Awesome right?  See it doesn't matter how much you use in making your food despite not having all the ingredients needed but the love with which you used in cooking it is all that matters.

How to prepare food: 

> wash your vegetables, clean if needed, especially the carrots, cut, dice and keep aside.



> Marinade and grill your fish first.  I fried mine.
> Since I had no meat or chicken broth, I washed my raw rice and kept aside then I put a pot on fire that had water enough to boil my rice.  In the pot with water, I put in curry, a lot of curry,  Maggi, and salt.  My mum says this is to gives the rice taste.
Let this boil, then add rice. Boil till it is soft and edible.
                     OR
> parboil the rice for 5 minutes, wash and then use the above method.
I prefer the first method because it is faster.
> Get a pan or a clean pot, pour in the vegetable oil and let it be for at least a minute.  Add ginger, garlic, and onion, fry for sometime but don't fry till they burn.  Please πŸ˜«πŸ™πŸ™πŸ’“ for the sake of good food, the frying part of these food should be done on low or medium heat.
> Add the vegetables and this I mean, carrots, green beans etc.  Stir fry for 5 minutes. Add all your seasonings, Maggi and salt, moderately, not forgetting that the rice has been previously spiced.
Mix this all very well, cover pot and let it be for at least a minute,  then;
> mlPut in your boiled rice in the mixture and stir till everything mixes up fine and that I mean, the rice should mix well with the vegetables and seasonings.  Leave it on low heat for 5 minutes or less .  Turn off heat afterwards and... Voila!!  Food is readyπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘ŒπŸ‘Œ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exciting Ways To Start Your Day

On Top Independence Day Matter